Hearty Porridge with a twist
A little inspiration on World Porridge Day!
Creamy, thick, naturally sweet, oats topped with sticky caramelized banana and our crunchy peanut butter. A match made in heaven!
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 5 – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
For the Oats
- 100g oats, jumbo or porridge
- 500ml milk of choice; we love coconut milk for a touch of extra sweetness!
- 1 medium sized ripe banana, mashed
- 2 heaped tbsp Manhattan Crunchy Peanut Butter for topping
For the Banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sized banana; slightly firmer, less ripe works better here!
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place oats and milk into a pot. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes; until they’ve reached desired consistency.
- Add mashed banana and whisk together to incorporate. Leave to simmer for a further 2 minutes to heat through.
- While the oats cook, add your coconut oil to a pan over a high heat.
- Peel and slice your banana into 4 pieces.
- Add brown sugar to the coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Lay the banana slices inner side down in the pan and cook for 2 -3 minutes; flip and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve sticky sweet bananas on top of oats with a generous dollop of Manhattan Crunchy Peanut butter!
Manhattan Social Corner
Why not try out our Hearty Porridge with a twist and tag us on our socials! Therefore, click our social media handles below to access our platforms.
Instagram – @manhattanpopcorn
Facebook – @manhattanireland
Twitter – @Manhattan_ie
TikTok – @manhattanpopcorn
Tag us in your Manhattan moments from home with your family or with your friends. In other words, let us know your favourite products and what you like to eat it with.
For instance, maybe you have the next big combo idea that we are all missing out on!
Similarly, check out some of our other recipes to try at home.
- Granola & Peanut Butter Recipe – Click here
- Chicken Noodles with Crunchy Peanut Butter – Click here
- Gooey Caramel Popcorn Topped Brownies – Click here
- Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet – Click here
- Peanut Satay Tofu Crumble – Click here
- Snickers Twix Hybrid – Click here