Peanut Satay Tofu Crumble Bowl
You can of course make this little speedy bowl with ground turkey, chicken or beef, but we promise this is a super easy way to enjoy a plant based meal to switch things up a little bit!
Peanut butter just makes everything taste amazing!
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Servings – 2
- 1 block (approx. 250g) firm tofu, crumbled
- ½ tbsp coconut oil or sesame oil
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 40g Manhattan Smooth Peanut Butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 -2 tsp lime juice to taste
- ¼ tsp dried chili flakes
- Carrot ribbons, courgette ribbons, sliced mango to serve
- Chopped roasted salted peanuts and coriander to garnish
- Add oil to a pan over a medium to high heat.
- Cook tofu for about 6 – 8 minutes, moving around the pan to break up any bigger chunks that didn’t get broken down when crumbling, and to allow it to cook evenly.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup and lime juice.
- Add 2 -3 tbsp of water to thin out.
- Add at least half of the sauce to the tofu (any remaining can be stored in the fridge for up to three days or served on the side), add the chili flakes and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Serve tofu alongside prepped veggies and mango, top with coriander and peanuts and dig in!
Manhattan Social Corner
Why not try out our Peanut Satay Tofu Crumble Bowl and tag us on our socials! Therefore, click our social media handles below to access our platforms.
Instagram – @manhattanpopcorn
Facebook – @manhattanireland
Twitter – @Manhattan_ie
TikTok – @manhattanpopcorn
Tag us in your Manhattan moments from home with your family or with your friends. In other words, let us know your favourite products and what you like to eat it with.
For instance, maybe you have the next big combo idea that we are all missing out on!
Similarly, check out some of our other recipes to try at home.
- Granola & Peanut Butter Recipe – Click here
- Chicken Noodles with Crunchy Peanut Butter – Click here
- Gooey Caramel Popcorn Topped Brownies – Click here
- Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet – Click here
- Snickers Twix Hybrid – Click here
- Hearty Porridge with a Twist – Click here